In summary, Users own their content and are responsible for what they publish on our platforms. We trust that our users will not submit illegal, harmful, threatening, vulgar, or obscene content. Cobu, Inc. reserves the right to remove any content that is not conducive to a healthy community. Cobu, Inc. assumes no liability for content that you or other users submit to the site or on the app. Cobu, Inc. does not endorse, insure, warrant, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any content entered into the site or the app or any transaction between users of our site, services, or app.
User Eligibility and Account Creation
You must be at least 18 years old to use this Service. Use of the Service by any user shall be deemed to be a representation that the user is 18 years of age or older and is not currently restricted from the Service, or not otherwise prohibited from having a Cobu account. You also represent and warrant that you have full power and authority to agree to this Member Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
You are responsible for ensuring that any personal information you provide is accurate and up to date, and agree to notify Cobu immediately if you believe your user identification, password or other identifying information has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised. You will be held responsible for any activity that occurs under your Account.
- Content may be visible to other Cobu Users in your community who are linked to your Cobu profile.
- You will provide accurate Content. Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate may be flagged and removed without notice. Please see our Code of Conduct for more information.
- All content posted on the Service must comply with all applicable laws (including, without limitation, U.S. copyright law) You represent and warrant that (i) you own or otherwise possess all rights to use the Content you upload; (ii) you have the permission to use the name and likeness of each identifiable individual person and to use such individual's identifying or personal information; (iii) you are authorized to grant all of the rights described in this Member Agreement; and (iv) the use of your Content as contemplated by this Member Agreement will not infringe or violate any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, contract or other rights of any person or entity. If you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability.
- You will be held solely responsible and liable for your Content and conduct on the Service. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
- Cobu will not substantively modify Content without your prior written consent. However, your Content may be modified or adapted (for example, photos may be cropped) in order to meet design and technical requirements of the Service or for any other reason. You are responsible for retaining original copies of your Content.
Your Content always belongs to you. You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in your Content, but by uploading, posting, contributing, or otherwise providing your Content to Cobu, unless you tell us otherwise you grant Cobu a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit your Content in connection with the Service and Cobu’s (and its successors’ and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party services). For clarity, the foregoing license grant does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
Except for the Content, all content and software included on this Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Cobu or its content/software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
You may not (directly or indirectly) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, or modify, translate or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service. Any modification of content, or any portion thereof, or use of the content for any other purpose constitutes an infringement of trademark or other proprietary rights of Cobu or third parties, and any unauthorized use terminates the permission to use the Service granted by Cobu.
Notice and Take Down Procedures
- Notice of Claims
If you believe any post or information on the Service infringes your copyright or trademark rights, you may request such content be removed by following the notice and take down procedures of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). To follow those procedures, contact Cobu’s copyright agent (identified below) and provide the following information:
- A clear statement identifying the works, or other materials believed to be infringed.
- A statement from the copyright holder or authorized representative that the content is believed to be infringing.
- Sufficient information about the location of the allegedly infringing content so that Cobu can find and verify its existence.
- Your name, telephone number and email address.
- A statement from you under penalty of perjury that the information supplied is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may be invalid.
If you believe that your removed content (or content to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored in 10 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Cobu’s agent for notice of copyright issues on the Service can be reached as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
2 Ave de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111
If you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Cobu, Inc., its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, or licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses that result from the use of, or inability to use this site, our services, or our app.
Under no circumstances will Cobu, Inc. be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the site, our services, our app, your account, or the information contained therein.
Cobu, Inc. is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis with no express or implied warranties for accuracy, functionality, or accessibility. The Cobu, Inc. site, services, and app may change without prior notice, stop providing features to you or to users generally; or limit your usage. Your account may be permanently or temporarily terminated or suspended without notice if it is determined that you have violated any part of this agreement.
Security is very important to us. If you have identified a security issue, please use email@example.com to submit technical details. Responsible disclosure of a security issue will be handled with respect and gratitude: there is no intention of attacking or punishing those who have found security holes in Cobu, Inc.
Cobu may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service, for any reason, including without limitation your breach of this Member Agreement. In the event this Member Agreement is terminated, the restrictions regarding content appearing on the Service, and the representations and warranties, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Member Agreement will survive termination.
Jurisdiction & Severability Changes
Cobu operates the Service from its offices within the United States. The Services are designed for Users within the United States, and Cobu makes no representations that content and materials on the Service are legal or appropriate for use from outside the United States. If you choose to access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws. You may not use the Service in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations.
This Member Agreement is not assignable, transferable, or sublicensable by you except with Cobu’s prior written consent. Cobu may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
This Member Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any action brought against Cobu to enforce this Member Agreement or matters related to the Service will be brought in either the state courts or, if there is exclusive federal jurisdiction, the federal courts of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any claim or cause of action you have with respect to use of the Service must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim arises. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Member Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys' fees.
If any provision of this Member Agreement is deemed void, unlawful, or otherwise unenforceable for any reason, that provision will be severed from this Member Agreement and the remaining provisions of this Member Agreement will remain in force. This Member Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Cobu concerning your use of the Service.
Although infrequently, this Member Agreement may change from time to time, so it is recommended that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Your continued use of Cobu, Inc. after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Member Agreement of Service. If you disagree with any changes in this Member Agreement and do not wish to be subject to the revised Member Agreement, you will need to delete your account and stop using Cobu, Inc.
Last Updated: May 1, 2019